This is the view from my upstairs computer room at about 12:30 PM. It's dark and gray - and it pretty much feels like it's been like this since November. What am I saying, it has. I need some blue skies and warmer weather.........NOW! Apparently the city is out of salt, one of the cross-streets that we look down upon is an emergency route, and is always the first to be plowed and salted, yet it started snowing Friday night, and nothing has been done yet. Nor has it been done almost 7 hours later as I post this entry.
I can't wait for spring. I'm so geeked that Daylight Savings Time starts early this year. After the storm passed, about 1 1/2 hours ago, I looked outside, and things were actually bright. Then I got all excited to think that tomorrow night, it will be that bright at 7pm. WoooWhooo! Let the white stuff melt so that I can resume my walks and taking John to the park. I can't wait!
For those that need a John fix:
Yes, he's in desperate need of a bath and clean jammies, but he agreed to smile for the camera, so I'm posting it anyway.
Look what Bill bought last weekend......
John loves these things, Bill & I not so much. After they start to lose their helium, they start acting really bizarre. Apparently, after I went to bed last night, Bill watched "Spuba" levitate across the room and hover over the crib. He was so disturbed by this, he had to get it out of the living room. I know, that sounds creepy, but every helium balloon we've bought has done strange things, including the one that took a journey upstairs one night - the windows were open and there was a breeze. At least that's what I tell myself.
On the house front. Finally! The kitchen/bath/dining room remodel will be completed next week. I'm holding off posting pics until it's completely done. Here's what we need to do after completion so that we can move it (in no order of priority):
- Paint the kitchen, LDH, & new bathroom (no wallpaper ever!)
- Clean the family & living room carpet/wash walls & ceiling with TSP in both rooms
- Have new carpet installed in the master bedroom and nursery
- Get window treatments for the entire house
- Clean the laundry room and the 2 storage rooms off it
- Have basement carpet'o'skank removed
- Clean up all the construction dust/debris
- Have ductwork cleaned
- Purchase mattress, frame & futon (we're moving in sans furniture, which will stay behind in our old home until we sell it; fortunately, we'll put the new stuff to good use even after our old stuff arrives)
- Have cable/internet installed
- Finish painting John's closet. Yes, it is going on 2 months on getting that very small project done..........
There's a ton more work to be done, but this is just what needs to happen before we move.