Sunday, June 15, 2008

Truth in advertising?

Let's talk about truth in advertising. When we bought this place, the listing claimed this to be a "quiet, low traffic court". As we lived in what amounted to grand central station, that sounded like a good thing. We've noticed though, that even though the vehicle traffic is light, the pedestrian and annoying ice-cream truck traffic non-existant, we get a lot of 4 legged traffic......

TRAFFIC OF THE COOLEST KIND! While giving John his morning bottle, the side window shade was open about 6 inches, and I saw 4 legs bound by. Darn, I missed it, so I thought. Then 4 small legs also bounded by. Ack, my camera was right up on the fireplace mantel just waiting to be used! I thought the oppurtunity was missed, but when I opened the first shade, this is what I was treated with.......



John, fascinated with the "doggy" as he called it.

Here it looks like John's new "doggy friend" is just as infatuated with him.......and yes, I normally wrap up the window shade cords, but this happened so quick.

Another shot of our new friend. I so wanted to go out and pet it. I'm an adult, I know better, I resisted the urge.......only after googling fawns and seeing if I needed to do anything for it.


Yet more fingerprints to clean........

Here's John at dinner, enjoying an olive. We were eating in the family room as my parents were here, and I have no kitchen table to set everyone up at.......



Grandpa and John doing acrobatics. Does this kid have a great smile or what?
Back to his favorite new topic. Our friend hung around there ALL DAY!


Thank goodness for our protectors, always ready to fend off a helpless fawn. After all day, it walked over to this area, so I thought it safe to hang some baskets I bought off the front porch. Bad call, the fawn came back, saw me, and bolted, only to arouse the ire of medium dog and small dog. Actually, they are probably the reason the fawn was abandoned here in the first place, because they saw mama deer this morning, and pitched a fit. Hopefully the fawn and it's mama have now reunited in the woods :-)

2 comments:

Tina said...

That is too cool! Our deer never come that close.

Kelly said...

How awesome is that!!!!!! WOW I cannot believe it hung out that long...so so cute!!!!