Saturday, April 19, 2008

Upstairs B&A

Warning - the pictures you are about to see are what my upstairs looked like the day we took posession of the house. It's gross. Please keep in mind that these rooms were not so bad in terms of relativity; I actually had this carpet professionally cleaned and sanitized, which I refused to do in the downstairs bedrooms (to say they were worse was an understatement). That stuff was so beyond nasty I ripped it out myself knowing it wouldn't be replaced for some time.
Guestroom
Office
Office - after carpet cleaned


I hadn't planned to replace the upstairs carpet for a while, at least until after I got everything painted, but when we were buying the downstairs carpet, Lowe's was running a special - $199 whole house installation. We were already doing two rooms and spending the $199........so why not rip out the old cigarette burned, smelly carpet and put down something cheap? $1.18 per square foot never looked or smelled so good!
Guestroom

Office


The Hall (the white door was just professionally painted & looks great!)


I managed to get all the upstairs ceilings painted before the new carpet went in, so at least I don't have to worry about that. I'll paint sometime after we move in. My office is in the room that has the ugly black cabinets. My dad is going to help me rip them out next time he's in town, then I've got my work cut out for me stainkilling all the black paint in order to paint over it....

For giggles, this is the upstairs bathroom. Check out the lights. Yes, they're outdoor coach lights. I haven't done anything in there yet but clean, and rip out a tiny chunk of wallpaper. The stupid wallpaper comes out in tiny pieces......grrrrr.........

No comments: