Friday, February 1, 2008

Yeah, been MIA & John is 18 months old!

Wow, John is 18 months old today. How did that happen? I have lots to post about him, and will hopefully even cop a few pictures this weekend.

I'm sorry I haven't posted recently since I know some family members actually read this regularly (sue me, I'm sure I hacked the spelling of that word), and have asked.....

I had high hopes for this week with the camera, but it just didn't end up happening. I've been sick, and work has sucked, which has left me physically and emotionally drained.

There were lay-offs at work, and they affected an amazing co-worker as well as a number of people I feel close to, not to mention a number of people that I am left scratching my head and wondering "why?" I wonder what the f&*k the higher-ups could possibly be thinking.... Sorry, I said I wasn't going to use that language here anymore, but sometimes my true emotion can't be sugar-coated with a politically correct placebo, my hyroglyphics (spelling?) are merely to be somewhat polite. It's just so sad....

Me....sorry, not the most appropriate segway. I've been sick, and while sometimes a closet hypochondriac, a three day fever and hacking cough made me go to the doctor. Okay, that's not completely true; the fact that I had an appointment scheduled 4 months prior for a physical made me keep the appointment. I didn't end up getting the physical, but they did confirm that: A. I'm really sick as opposed it imagining it; & B. It's not influenza, despite the similar symptoms. See? the flu shot does work! As I post this, I've officially been sans fever for 24 hours, life is already improving. Once the cough goes away, is nothing impossible?

I promise, come hell or high water, I will get a new pic up of John this weekend. Hopefully more than one.

Happy 18 month birthday baby!

1 comment:

Tam said...

I'm so sorry you were sick, but glad you're feeling better!