Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just what did that last post mean?

I know, WTH was that all about? I didn't feel like talking about it, because it made my cry yesterday. It still makes me cry today, and surely will all week.

We have made the difficult decision to have medium dog put to sleep Thursday morning after John goes to daycare. Her arthritis has been getting the better of her for some time, and even with her cox2 inhibiter and 3 pain pills 2x per day, one of her back legs has pretty much given out on her. She can limp on carpet, but we have to support her back end on slipperly surfaces with a towel. Her vet told us a couple months ago that this medicine regime was pretty much as strong as it gets.

I know it's the right thing to do, but it sure as hell isn't the easy thing to do.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh my....been there, HATED it! I am so sorry for your loss. That does suck.

Kelly said...

I am so sorry but it really is the humane thing to do. Hugs