Thursday, January 17, 2008

Checking in.

Wow, it's been a while! First, thank you for the prayers and concern for my cousin. He's out of the hospital, and while it sounds like he's in for a long recovery, we are hopeful that he will recover well and fully.

I have been entirely remiss with the camera lately - something about not having monthly post-placement reports to submit has left me complacent. I do have something I'm trying to get a video of John doing - when I get it, I will learn to post. It's too funny not to share. Unfortunately, he's as big on hamming it up for the video camera as he is the regular camera....it just doesn't happen. I think I'm going to have to build a tripod out of boxes, and hide to try to get the video.

On the house front....wow! Cabinets are in, counters are in, all appliances but the frig are installed, bathroom is done except for the tub surround, the kitchen/dining/hall floor was started today, and the backsplash tile is ordered . Once we have the rooms painted, we can pretend this is the "Swan" show and do the big reveal, along with before and afters.

It's really hard to pick stuff for an entire room based on tiny swatches. I'm really pleased that everything has come together better than I could have anticipated!

No comments: